1. You get a C on a test you thought you aced4. What to do?
a. Study that subject 4 hours a day.
b. Pat yourself on the back5!
c. Announce that you'll never get into college and hide in your room.
d. Decide to study a little more or a little differently next time.
2. You strut6 into classroom sporting7 your hot new jeans. BUT! Your friend's wearing the same pair! What do you do?
a. Confront8 her. Didn't she say she was getting them in black?
b. Pretend not to notice.
c. Gasp9 with horror, give her a look, and beg permission to go home and change.
d. Laugh it off10—you always knew she had good taste!
3. The movie you want to see is sold out. You:
a. Go home—there's always room in front of the TV.
b. Go bowling11 instead.
c. Make a mini-scene12. (Foot-stomping13 and "That's so unfair!" are always justified14.)
d. Buy tickets to the later show and play video games 'til it starts.
4. Lunchtime! You hunger for a Coke15 all morning. Wait, what? Out of COKE? You:
a. Head straight to the school office and complain.
b. Opt16 for a Sprite17 instead.
c. Kick the machine while cursing it out18. (Hey, it might hear you!)
d. Find the person who got the last one and share.
5. Your little sister just returned your favorite T-shirt with a nasty19 ketchup20 stain21. You:
a. Tell her the replacement22 T-shirt she buys for you better be great.
b. Don't even notice.
c. Flip out23, say some nasty things, and vow24 never to let her near your closet again.
d. Realize it's only a T-shirt. No bigs25.
When stress strikes, you strike back! A little tension is all you need to take action and get what you want. Sure, stress can get the best of26 you, but you manage to deal constructively—a poor grade pushes you to study even harder. Good for you for making the best of stress.
Congrats27 on keeping stress-free, but realize that it's okay to get a little huffy28 once in a while. Sometimes getting a little worked up29 is all it takes to get what you want. Your sister ruined your shirt? No problem—just get creative—insist on a replacement! Problem solved.
Sister, you need to chill out30! Just because it's raining and you're stranded31 without an umbrella doesn't mean the sky is falling. (Oh, wait...) Next time, think before you freak32: "Is this really worth my time and energy?" you'll find that many times it isn't. Remember when things take a nose dive33, do your best to keep your chin up!
Stressing over small things just isn't worth your while. Getting into college and being a good friend are the things you'll let get to you from time to time. Props34 to you for caring about what's really important and being able to compromise35 when it isn't.
Let It All Out! 把压力全部释放出来！
Forget babbling36 brook37 CDs and aromatherapy38. Sometimes you just need to get physical. Here are some ideas and instructions.
1. Take that annoying39 anti-stress squeeze40 ball and toss41 it at someone, preferably a sibling42. Tip: Make sure that the ball is soft and incapable43 of bodily harm. Also, ask your sibling nicely if it's okay. Try: "I really need to do this for my sanity44. Surely you don't mind?"
2. Scream at the top of your lungs while stomping up and down in heavy boots. Tip: Make sure the floors can handle the stomps and that the screaming won't irritate45 anyone too much. If possible, borrow your Dad's boots (the bigger, the heavier; the heavier, the louder!). Go to town.
3. Pull a buttercup46 and punch47, punch, punch! Tip: No, we're not promoting violence48, sillys49. Punch something soft that won't hurt you or it. How about a pillow50? Better yet, your sister's teddy bear51! (Trust us, she'll get over it.)